Dentures & Partials
Whether you’re missing several teeth or an entire arch, dentures can be used to replace them. Full dentures can replace a whole arch of teeth, while partials are customized to replace a group of teeth.
Advantages of Dentures
Dentures are the traditional treatment for restoring missing teeth. See some of the reasons why they’re an improvement over living with empty sockets:
- Dentures restore a large amount of your eating ability.
- Dentures improve your speaking ability.
- Dentures offer partial protection for remaining teeth.
- Dentures are highly affordable compared to dental implants.
Drawbacks of Dentures
- Dentures must be removed each night.
- Dentures require adhesives to stick effectively.
- Dentures don’t prevent the jawbone from shrinking.
- Dentures can cause gagging and require adjustments.
Questions about Dentures? Speak with Dr. Milsap in Fort Myers, Florida!
Dentures are the most common way of replacing missing teeth. Learn more about this popular restorative procedure by contacting Dr. Douglas Milsap in Fort Myers, Florida. With decades of experience as a dentist, Dr. Milsap can provide all of the information you need to make an informed decision. Let him examine your oral health and recommend a treatment to replace your missing teeth. Contact our dental office in Fort Myers, Florida today!